Resident Photographer - internship
Does the opportunity to have your photos be a major piece of Downtown Bellingham's identity sound like something you'd jump at? Want to learn what happens when corporate brand photography meets photojournalism? Come learn and grow with us!
Location: Bellingham, WA
Commitment: 2-15 Hours Per Week, Event-Focused Position
Benefits: University Credit or Service Hours
Snap snap snap. Or click click click. Whatever the noise your shutter makes, you're the creative one behind it with a developing eye. You love photography, regardless if you're a hobbiest or training to be a pro. You've taken some great photos and have done a bit of professional freelance work. You're a current student enrolled at university pursuing a degree in photography, photojournalism, or simply a student with a passion for it.
We're the power and voice behind our changing city. A 501(c)3 organization, the Downtown Bellingham Partnership is empowering our city's downtown to change the status quo and showcase the talent, beauty and vibrance our community has built. The Partnership is rapidly changing to refresh our image and aggressively work towards the revitalization of our downtown while better connecting with our audiences.
The Downtown Bellingham Partnership has a sizable social media presence, puts on multiple major events and serves as the voice for the city. For 2018, we are ramping up our brand image and growing our social media presence. We're looking for a resident photographer intern who wants to be the one capturing our best moments and seeing their work displayed on a far-reaching scale. Your work will be used across our website, social media, and physical advertising. Responsibilities will include roaming the downtown core for photo opportunities, shooting at our holiday events, and capturing portraits for a new social media campaign. This is an opportunity to have your own photos become a part of Downtown Bellingham's identity in a major way.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a career in photography, art, journalism, social media, PR, branding, marketing or a related field (really, anyone who can take a good picture).
- An interest in urban planning and downtown redevelopment issues, or an interest to learn about these issues.
- Experience shooting photos for a business, non-profit, event or an official entity.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- A basic understanding of photography best practices, including lighting setups, landscape and portraiture techniques, lens usage, etc.
- Being comfortable approaching business owners and city officials with professionalism.
- A creative eye and the ability to take initiative in shooting when appropriate.
Sound like a fit? Send us your application and portfolio below!