Resident Videographer - internship
Ready to shoot, cut and edit a major piece of Downtown Bellingham's identity? Want to learn what happens when brand storytelling meets photo-video journalism? Come learn and grow with us!
Location: Bellingham, WA
Commitment: 2-15 Hours Per Week, Independent Assignment-Focused Position
Benefits: University Credit or Service Hours
Interchangeable lenses and pro audio don't phase you. You love videography, regardless if you're a hobbiest or training to be a pro. You've taken some great clips and produced some sharp videos, a bit of professional freelance work a big plus. You're a current student enrolled at university pursuing a degree in photography, photojournalism, or simply a student with a passion for it.
We're the power and voice behind our changing city. A 501(c)3 organization, the Downtown Bellingham Partnership is empowering our city's downtown to change the status quo and showcase the talent, beauty and vibrance our community has built. The Partnership is rapidly changing to refresh our image and aggressively work towards the revitalization of our downtown while better connecting with our audiences.
The Downtown Bellingham Partnership has a sizable social media presence, puts on multiple major events and serves as the voice for the city. We're looking for a resident videographer intern who wants to be the one capturing our best moments and seeing their work displayed on a far-reaching scale. Your work will be used across our website, social media, and promotions. Responsibilities will include filming short features of new businesses to producing mini documentaries of your making, shooting at our holiday events, and capturing video for a new social media campaign. This is an internship for someone with creative vision and a sense of independence - we encourage interns to pitch ideas and take creative initiative.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a career in photography, art, journalism, social media, PR, branding, marketing or a related field (really, anyone who can shoot pro-quality video).
- An interest in urban planning and downtown redevelopment issues, or an interest to learn about these issues.
- Experience shooting photos/video for a business, non-profit, event or an official entity.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- A solid understanding of videography best practices, including lighting setups, landscape and portraiture techniques, lens usage, etc.
- Being comfortable approaching business owners and city officials with professionalism.
- A creative eye and the ability to take initiative in shooting when appropriate.
Sound like a fit? Send us your application and video reel/portfolio below!