Social Media & Photography Assistant - internship
Ready to hit the ground running and help contribute to a edgy/supercool/completely revamped social media presence we're ramping up? Got a keen eye for photography and can capture a great shot? Have a edgy sense of humor and love a good Facebook pun? Come learn and grow with us!
Location: Bellingham, WA
Commitment: 8-15 Hours Per Week, Flexible Time
Benefits: University Credit or Service Hours
A wildly excitable and excruciatingly creative student who loves the idea of helping us shape the personality of downtown. The ideal candidate has some capable chops with social media, excellent photography skills with a solid portfolio, some experience with Adobe Illustrator and an understanding of graphic design, and has taken some upper-level courses in their major. They also are ready to learn and come with a desire to try out new skills in a supportive environment. You also have a sense of humor and a witty familiarity with puns. You'll need it.
We're the power and voice behind our changing city. A 501(c)3 organization, the Downtown Bellingham Partnership is empowering our city's downtown to change the status quo and showcase the talent, beauty and vibrance our community has built. The Partnership is rapidly changing to refresh our image and aggressively work towards the revitalization of our downtown while better connecting with our audiences.
The Downtown Bellingham Partnership has a sizable social media presence. But that's not what we care about, instead, our everything is connecting with and showcasing our community. We are revamping our brand image and growing our social media presence. We're looking for an intern who wants to be a key player in this project. You'll be responsible for shooting photos of downtown and at our events, creating social media posts, curating our Instagram story, and brainstorming ideas for PR opportunities. You'll help our communications director execute all of these things, and will use your wit and creativity along the way.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a career in social media, PR, branding, marketing or a related field.
- An interest in urban planning and downtown redevelopment issues, or an interest to learn about these issues.
- Experience sending pitches to the media, developing media lists, and writing social media content.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- An understanding of social media best practices, including link shortening, photo usage, etc.
- Being comfortable approaching business owners and city officials with professionalism.
- A smart sense for recognizing and judging appropriate comments and interactions on social media.
- Knowledge of basic branding and marketing concepts.
Sound like a fit? Send us your application below!