Social Media & Communications Assistant - internship
Ready to hit the ground running and help contribute to a top-secret/supercool/completely revamped media presence we're ramping up? Come learn and grow with us!
Location: Bellingham, WA
Commitment: 8-15 Hours Per Week, Flexible Time
Benefits: University Credit or Service Hours
A wildly excitable and excruciatingly detail-oriented student who loves the idea of helping us shape the personality of downtown. The ideal candidate has some capable chops with social media, good skills with Adobe Illustrator and an understanding of graphic design, and has taken some upper-level courses in their major. They also are ready to learn and come with a desire to try out new skills in a supportive environment.
We're the power and voice behind our changing city. A 501(c)3 organization, the Downtown Bellingham Partnership is empowering our city's downtown to change the status quo and showcase the talent, beauty and vibrance our community has built. The Partnership is rapidly changing to refresh our image and aggressively work towards the revitalization of our downtown while better connecting with our audiences.
The Downtown Bellingham Partnership has a sizable social media presence, with a combined follower base of 10,000+. But that's not what we care about, instead, our everything is connecting with and showcasing our community. For 2018, we are revamping our brand image and overhauling our social media presence. We're looking for an intern who wants to be a key player in this project. Responsibilities will include roaming the downtown core for content to share, drafting social media posting plans, interviewing local businesses for content, brainstorming ideas for PR opportunities and executing media pitches.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a career in social media, PR, branding, marketing or a related field.
- An interest in urban planning and downtown redevelopment issues, or an interest to learn about these issues.
- Experience sending pitches to the media, developing media lists, and writing social media content.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- An understanding of social media best practices, including link shortening, photo usage, etc.
- Being comfortable approaching business owners and city officials with professionalism.
- A smart sense for recognizing and judging appropriate comments and interactions on social media.
- Knowledge of basic branding and marketing concepts.
Sound like a fit? Send us your application below!