Parking downtown is convenient and offers easy-to-use pay stations and meters. Street parking is $0.75 per hour and requires U.S. coins. Most meters have a 2-hour limit (check the time restrictions, which are posted on each meter).
Street parking is free after 5:00 pm, and on weekends and holidays.
For longer stays and off-street parking, the first floor of the Commercial Street Parking Garage at 1300 Commercial Street is $6.00 for a full day of parking. Hourly parking is $0.75 per hour. U.S coins, cash and credit/debit cards are accepted at the parking garage pay stations. Parking is free on all floors after 5:00 pm, and on weekends and holidays.
The Commercial Street Parking Garage is within 2-4 blocks of most downtown restaurants, shops, and services.
Additionally, Downtown Bellingham features a handful of 8 hour parking spots that are offered at a low hourly rate.
Downtown Bellingham also uses the PayByPhone app. You can now pay for and manage your parking right from your smartphone!
More information on parking in Downtown Bellingham can be found by contacting Parking Services. For details on privately-owned lots, contact information can be found at the lot locations
Free Parking days:
Parking is free downtown on all city holidays:
- Jan 02 (Monday) - New Year's Day
- Jan 16 (Monday) - Martin Luther King, Dr. Day
- Feb 20 (Monday) - President's Day
- May 29 (Monday) - Memorial Day
- Jul 04 (Tuesday) - Independence Day
- Sep 04 (Monday) - Labor Day
- Nov 10 (Friday) - Veterans Day
- Nov 23 (Thursday) - Thanksgiving Day
- Nov 24 (Friday) - Day after Thanksgiving
- Dec 25 (Monday) - Christmas Day
- Dec 26 (Tuesday) - Day after Christmas
- Jan 01 (Monday) - New Year's Day
- Jan 15 (Monday) - Martin Luther King, Dr. Day
- Feb 19 (Monday) - President's Day
- May 28 (Monday) - Memorial Day
- Jul 04 (Wednesday) - Independence Day
- Sep 03 (Monday) - Labor Day
- Nov 12 (Monday) - Veterans Day
- Nov 22 (Thursday) - Thanksgiving Day
- Nov 23 (Friday) - Day after Thanksgiving
- Dec 24 (Monday) - Day before Christmas
- Dec 25 (Tuesday) - Christmas Day
Other helpful sites:
Smart Trips: Walk, bike, ride the bus or carpool to destinations around Whatcom County and be rewarded with coupons and discounts at dozens of local businesses.
City of Bellingham Trails: Walk, run or bike downtown! Bellingham is blessed with a wealth of trails leading to downtown, accessible from almost every neighborhood.